htmlspecialchars($your_string, quotestyle, character-set ) — Convert special characters to HTML entities. The special characters are:
- & (ampersand) becomes '&'
- " (double quote) becomes '"'
- ' (singe quote) becomes '''
- < (less than) becomes '<'
- > (greater than) becomes '>'
htmlentities($your_string, quotestyle, character-set ) — Very similar to htmlspecialchars() function. However, all applicable characters having HTML character entity equivalents are translated into these entities.
This tool uses the ENT_QUOTES style with the default character set of ISO-8859-1.